Thursday, July 20, 2006

Unabashed product placement

Bought a few pirated DVDs from the local bazaar yesterday, including a four-in-one Bond package (all Pierce Brosnan) with a great description of “The World is Not Enough” on the back:

“The British Super Spy goes after a ruthless media baron (an amalgam of Ted Turner, Rupert Murdoch and Bill Gates) whose diabolical plans include instigating World War III so that empire can contain an exclusive of the war (a la CNN during the Gulf War). Noteworthy for its unabashed commercial product placement.”

I also got Underworld I and II, Hostel and two other flicks I’ve never heard of. Nine flicks for $6 – they even have the FBI warning about making illegal copies of movies.

But alas, I didn’t buy the one I should have: Snakehead Terror. Yes, even on the other side of the world, someone wants to watch that. I spotted it as I was walking away … I wish I had my camera with me to take a picture, or at least more pocket change on me.

Luckily, I do have it on tape at home, so I’ll be able to see it when I get back.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

not to burst your bubble, but hostle was one of the worst movies i've ever seen. however, i'm should it'll still be a good laugh 'cause it'll make your wife up-chuck!

why are you up at 6 in the morning? who does that?

wish i knew how to instant message right now...

Anonymous said...

Hostel or Havoc?

Anonymous said...

wow, snakehead terror, I can't wait. Let's have Mr Doyle over and make it a party. BTW, when is snakes on a plane coming out?

Anonymous said...

Joanna! Turn on your cell phone!

Anonymous said...

everybody! turn on your waffle maker!

Anonymous said...

Guys! Turn your people on!

Anonymous said...

This is a shout out to my home girl L to the E to the E!!

I don't give a damn about your titles and shizzle, just becuz you shine you ain't anything, fo rizzle!

Anonymous said...

Um, yeah...Quinn? I think you found the right person to free-verse for that movie you are lookin to make in the Afghan badlands...LEO 3...we'll be sure to make him grow his hair out again, but this time make it dreads.

Anonymous said...

WTF is Snakehead Terror?

A small town, desperate to recover from hard economic times, is under threat when voracious Snakehead fish mutate and survive previous lake chemical poisonings. The fish transform from pests to predators when human growth hormones are dumped into the local lake in the hopes of reviving the local fishing industry. Thriving on the hormones, the Snakehead fish grow to monstrous proportions, devouring everything within reach. Capable of moving and eating on land, they are forced to leave the now barren lake in a desperate search for food - animal, vegetable or human.

Oh. Thanks for answering that for me IMDB. I think. I guess we'll have to see if the FBI is monitoring cap's blog. If so, I expect they'll be waiting for him at the airport when he gets back.

Will they let you blog from prison these days?

Anonymous said...

Thank you Paulie! I thought I was the only one who was wondering what the heck Snakehead Terror was!

And thank YOU Leo for the shout-out...I think. :-)

Anonymous said...

and for you, the best headline of the day:

Man falls from porch. Good news: the porch was ground-level. Bad news: he fell face-first. Good news: in the grass. Bad news: onto a broken pickaxe

Anonymous said...

is anyone else pretty sure leo didn't sign on as leo shane iii, and it's probably tom? chances are leo had better things to do at 1 pm afgan time; while tom probably didn't at 5am our time...
either way, that posting made me feel sad.

Anonymous said...

Um, 'Fo Rizzle' is not even in my vocabulary.

Anonymous said...

Was I duped?? Awww, snap!

Anonymous said...

Wow, and here my dad thought there was nothing worth travelling to Afghanistan for.

Anonymous said...

Leo,
I can't believe you didn't get the "snakehead" movie. How cool would that be to acquire a Christmas present for Dad "D" from Afghanistan.
Take care of yourself.
Dad "D"

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»