Thursday, July 20, 2006

Happy Training Camp Opening!

In case you missed yesterday's comments (how could you? There are only seven of you reading this and everyone left a comment) we're on the verge of opening training camp, the real start of the year. Everyone knows that between mid February and mid July nothing really matters, save for a brief weekend of relaxation around the draft. I believe the church refers to it as "ordinary time." Now we're back in extraordinary time, and I can already feel my chest starting to clench up again.

Seriously, go back to those comments and look at yourselfs. Dr. Bob's comment about Maya Angelou's defensive expertise is a hoot. And poison-ivy-covered Tom, as always, is keeping me in the loop on important world events.

But several of you have mentioned Dawkins is going to be an Eagle for life. Has he signed a new contract? Or are they just promising to give him one? I can't find details anywhere, and now I'm starting to get stressed. Forget the 100-plus temps and Taliban, I need to know what's up with #20. Somebody fill me in.

EDITOR'S NOTE: Y'all did see that I stole the ordinary time thing from G, right? Because all my best writing comes from G.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't fill you in on the Eagles, sorry, but that's Dad's job and Katherine G is his understudy, so they have their assignment for today. But, even though I don't have Eagles news, I can't wait to hear the screaming and cheering (or should it be cheering and screaming?) in my living room or in the Fort Awesome living room come Football Season. And my heart is filled with joy because you know that we are in Ordinary time in the Church calendar. HaHa.

Anonymous said...

I didn't read anything definite about Dawkins, but the Inquirer reported that the Eagles have offered him a 2 year extension and they quoted Dawkins as saying that he wants to retire as an Eagle. That makes me hopeful that they'll make it work.

he he. "Ordinary time."

Are we in Pre-extraordinary time now? Or does extraordinary time start with training camp?

Capt. Awesome said...

I would think that extraordinary time begins after the first pass is thrown at training camp, but I'm not a priest.

Anonymous said...

All I heard is they offered a two year contract. I did go out this weekend and had to get a new jersey #26 Sheppard. Go Birds!

Anonymous said...

I am really sorry Tom is covered from head to toe with the SARS, or was it poison ivy? Do we even want to know how he got it? Three words for you Tom... Cal a mine.
Good to see that the Sillies can actually take advantage of an opportunity against a lousy team in the 9th inning against a lousy closer and squeak out a win...wait...I should be slapped...TRAINING CAMP IS FINALLY HERE!!! Chris...when we going to Lehigh? And should we make it a road trip to Fort Awesome to see Invincible, or have the Shayles come and see it up here, South Philly style? All I hope is that Greg Kinnear gets all choked up like the REAL Dick Vermeil we all knew and loved. GO BIRDS!!!

Anonymous said...

yeah, well i heard dawkins smells and his mom dresses him funny. sorry, i just thought you should know the truth.

Anonymous said...

So, the real question is, is there any way to put together a "Invincible Snakes on a Plane" double header? Because that would be like choosing between you own children.

We probably should show some respect by putting the Iggles first, but I need to see Snakes to help my brain recover from listening to Dhani Jones' freestyle verses, followed by a Bobdammit comment that involved Dhani Jones. The world is in chaos...

Anonymous said...

Dawkins is still considering the deal, according to the Inky.

"Quoting an unidentified source, the Trenton Times said Dawkins is considering a deal that would pay him $4.5 million over two years, including a $2 million signing bonus. Dawkins is in the final year of a deal that he signed in 2003 and is scheduled to make $3 million this season."

My bet is that he'll take it. Of course, since I'll have the final decision on these things, my bet is actually more of an assurance than anything else.

So don't worry. Just come home safe.

Anonymous said...

i noticed it, you theif. there'd better not be any mention of toothpaste on poison ivy ballyhoo in your next 'new story'.

Anonymous said...

Ok, so i spelled thief wrong. don't go stealing that either.

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»