Thursday, July 06, 2006

Places all over the place

To help those of you easily confused with geography, I've officially switched the site to "Off base from Fort Awesome" for the time being. I don't want any of you to think that any old military facility can become Fort Awesome just because Capt. Awesome is passing through. I'm on leave from the fort, so to speak.

Looks like Friday afternoon I'll be hopping on that military jet, getting out of Germany and flying into Kabul (with possible stops in Greece and Kyrgyzstan, wherever that is).

I just finished training on all my equipment, so I should be able to update this site either via satellite or though carrier pigeon, whichever is more reliable. Likely it'll be the pigeon.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you don't get Aunt Olga a rock
from Kyrgyzstan, she will hunt you down like bin Laden.

Anonymous said...

hey do you get to keep the armor? can i have it when you're done? i'm sure i can redesign it so the soldiers feel more pretty... and isn't that really what's important when stationed overseas?

Anonymous said...

Just thought you might like to know that TO is in the news again. He wrote a book about all his horrible experiences in Philadelphia. Phil Sheridan's headline "Dallas, beware: TO's tome trashes Eagles, but he is the Cowboy's problem." My prediction is coming true. It will all unravel by the Christmas game.
In rainy Warminster, Captain Awesome's Dad

Anonymous said...

Thank heavens that you had that Dow Jones internship and learned to spell all those fancy words, like Kyrgyzstan. Looks like Aunt Olga will get a couple of rocks from you! Much love.

Anonymous said...

Hey, was that bad geography comment a jab at me? Alright, you got me. :-)

Anonymous said...

i forgot my sign on name.my secret name is commodore 64 n my bro joe is going to sell me over there. it strange in here with aunt olda n boogersnots.is this from shane side. please say yes.and for the love of god who plays with crickets.send me a t-shirt from there. be careful
elcnu etirovaf ru
hguh
p.s. i'm dyslexic

Anonymous said...

Finally-- I got onto your blog. Something just wasn't working, and I think I ended up joining a blog support by mistake. After a few colorful comments aimed at the computer, your Mom came over and 20 minutes later Sheila and I were on.

I love your running account--it sounds so military. WE BOTH send our love and support, and hope this "blog" actually reaches you rested, showered and full (of food) If all else fails there is a remor that the eagles will play an exhibition game ocer there and sent everyone screaming and running into the hills.