Friday, July 14, 2006

Life's a beach

After another night in a military airport terminal -- I watched "Kicking and Screaming," "Save the Last Dance" and the first half of "Hurricane" in the six hours I was there -- I finally arrived in Kandahar, the hub of coalition military operations in southern Afghanistan.


This shot makes the place look pretty -- it's a bleak part of the world, and the weather guessers are calling for 105 degree temperatures tomorrow (but over on the European side of base, they're only calling for 40 degrees. Lousy greedy Celsius lovers, stealing all our colder temperatures). Looking out into the desert today, I really started to wonder ...

... how did "Hurricane" end? Did Denzel get out of jail? Did he kill someone? I just won't know until I get home, rent the movie and watch the rest.

Sigh. War is hell.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, according to imdb:
From the beginning to the end, Denzel is perfect. The film made me think about how poverty and prejudice can ruin a person's life when misfortune, such as being in the wrong place at the wrong time, visits. What a moving experience! Anyone who enjoys superb acting and a story with a rewarding, emotional ending should not miss this film...

And apparent he won a golden globe, which means he dies at the end of the movie.

there, now you don't have to worry about it.

Anonymous said...

Leo,
Who and what is a "boogersnots". It's a different life you lead.
We are getting ready to take your dear Wife to SeaIsle tomorrow.
Based on the weather report for next week Joanna ,much like yourself, will also be enjoying sand and 98 degree heat.
Keep safe, Leo,
Dad Doyle

Capt. Awesome said...

I keep telling my darling wife that I'll have a better tan than her when I get back. But from what I've seen around here, it's not so much tan as dust, so it washes right off.

And thank you, dear sister, for that movie recap, but I still feel like it's worth renting to see the end.

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Unknown said...

There are times when I find it difficult to make decisions, but still have to do. I know people always have emotions so that there is no justice. But I still hope.
catmario4.com