Sunday, July 30, 2006

Quiet time

Nothing too exciting to post over the last few days, because I've been waiting in Kandahar for the official NATO handover ceremonies to take place tomorrow. It should be a lot of pomp and circumstance signifying very little, and I'll have a 15 inch story that says "nothing will change" in tomorrow's paper.

In the meantime, I've spent the last few days catching up on my pizza eating ($9 for a small pie, but it's Pizza Hut in Afghanistan!) and laundry (more exciting than you think) and sleep (I even bought a pillow). Photos have been slim, but I'll have more to post soon.

And for those of you checking your countdown clocks, we're inside of two weeks left in country.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds good dude. hang in and get some rest.

Capt. Awesome said...

That's the new record for the quickest post ever. Quinn replied about 30 seconds after I uploaded that one.

Anonymous said...

Hope you will be able to make at through the rest of your work.

Anonymous said...

well, you see, Leo. I work on military time. I am a well honed machine. My ass has fused with this chair. My fingers dance keyboards. Electic eyeballs. Virtual Ninja.

Anonymous said...

Just catching up with the blog since we've been away for a few days....great pictures. You didn't really sleep on that pile of hay, did you????? Come on. You are kidding, right?
Joanna's off wrecking havoc with the college gals this weekend.....I'll be checking in with her next but just had to check the blog first. Take care.....let the countdown continue - 5 down and 3 to go!
Lots of love. Mom Doyle

Anonymous said...

i'm gonna make you a superhero cape when you get home.

When I say, "I", of course I mean, "Beth".

Now, it may say "captain toolbag" or something not-so-clever like that, but you really deserve a cape. This is all a good time to read, but I know you're putting in a lot of work.

Once you get to your last week, the real fun begins. You should start quoting apocolypse now really loudly and every three or four minutes. "I looooove the smell of Napalm in the morning!! Am I right? Am I right?" And just throw some Godfather quotes in to confuse them. And talk about their "tour of doodie" incessantly. They'll eat it up.

Anonymous said...

I double dog DARE you to claim NATO stands for

Not Another Treaty Organization.
No American Trusts Osama.
Never Admonish Tense Ohioans.
or even
Narcotics Are Tasty Organization.

(It might means one of those by now. I'm pretty sure NATO lost some of it's true relevance once we started to like the Russians.)

We're counting the days here. Looking forward to hearing you're home safe.

Take Care.

Anonymous said...

ok -- who brought the smart kid?