Thursday, July 13, 2006

Another day, another base (part 72)

I'm taking to the air again tonight and heading down south (finally) to yet another new base and yet another new bed. I'll probably have one more move after this, a short one that doesn't require military aircraft, and then get to stay with the same folks for at least a week, which will be nice. Things have been going well but I don't think I've seen the same person two days in a row since I got here.

I forgot to mention the most heart-shattering thing about my trip to Kabul -- my new Afghanistan press ID. My hair is all stumpy and characterless. My other IDs have already started making fun of it.

Sigh. Oh well. At least all the Army girls have complimented me on it. Hopefully the boys down south will think it makes me pretty too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

now all you need is some highlights and you could be in a boy band.
no offense, but i think the army girls would probably compliment the j lo sheep if they got a haircut too... besides, do you think you should be broadcasting that girls are flirting with you while your wife is at home with a late night snacks coupon and going on gym tours?!

Anonymous said...

Hey now...let's be honest...think of all the flirting the girls would have been doing had he NOT cut his hair, allowing all the soldier girls to ponder the "wonder that was" Leo's hair. Let's try something, shall we? Let's cut Tom's hair real short and see if he gets the same results. Hey, I'm gonaa have to get my but down to Buoy, MD and hang out with Jo...late night snacks coupons? I am THERE!!! Only question...do the snacks include your Mom's baked ziti??? Mmmmm.....

Anonymous said...

I think the pictures are great but... How do we know you are really there? Maybe your on a set like they did for the first moon landing. Maybe a nice pic of you will bring a smile to Jo and your Mom's faces. lol Just a thought. Be safe, have fun.

Anonymous said...

They forced me to write to you.
Just wanted to tell you that you will probably see everything that I wrote about in my paper, because I wrote a paper about Afganistan and the Taliban during highschool. Well, this is your greatest sister sining off!

Daddy Blogger said...

So are they giving you the rest of the year off after this? At least September? Today I wrote a story about Senate candidates whining over how many debates they should have. From Afghanistan. Yeah, I was also at the first moon landing.

Capt. Awesome said...

If I'm not really in Afghanistan, why the heck did I spend eight hours waiting in a military plane terminal last night?

I'm pretty sure I'm here. But I'll start investigating.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»