Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Week 1 fantasy recap

Abbreviated, but ...

### Observations from not watching Sunday’s game
-- I might have read the stats line wrong, but it looks like LB Shawn Bradley led the team in tackles. He’s much better on the gridiron than in basketball.
-- I’m disappointed to see WR Hank Baskett got his one 100-yard game of the year out of the way so quickly.
-- Everyone who said McNabb should be traded in the offseason gets shot right now.
-- Whoever did the box score must have been drunk; They actually wrote that WR Greg Lewis had a good game.
-- How did RB Tony Hunt get a two-yard TD run? Why weren’t we passing that close to the end zone?
-- St. Louis kinda sucks.

### Funniest thing I heard this week (NFL edition)
        I only caught a little football this weekend, but it included the second Monday night game. With the score 34-7 and the Broncos facing third down at the one yard line, play-by-play guy Mike Greenberg said that “This is one of those situations where you dig down deep and play for pride, and try and prove that you’re really better than this game has gone.”
        When RB Michael Pittman walked across the goal line on the next play, Greenberg added “Or maybe not.”

### Stupidest thing I heard this week (Iraq edition)
        For the second time this week, somebody told me dysentery is a good way to learn about the local food and culture. But this guy was in psychological operations, so he might have just been seeing how much he could screw with the media.

### Funniest thing I thought this week (me edition)
        Sportscenter: “When asked how QB Tom Brady took the news that he’d have to undergo season ending surgery, coach Belechick said he reacted pretty much the way you’d expect.”
        Me: He cheated?

### Cowboys anagram insult of the week
I know it's early, but it's pretty clear how the Cowboys season is going to end again this year. Just look at "Tony Romo gets a playoff win" and you see:
*** A sporty figment -- no way, fool. ***
God, I missed those in the offseason.

### News and notes
-- RB Jerious Norwood got a TD this week. I hate that guy.
-- Sorry for the abbreviated edition, kids. We’ll try and get it right next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know you died of dysentery in Oregon Trail. I know you miss us.

Come home soon and safe.~Diane

Capt. Awesome said...

OK, I'll admit that just this one time that made me laugh out loud. I blame the heat. And the dysentery.