Thursday, September 11, 2008

Major Awesome?

I got told by a public affairs officer today that he was instructed (by who, I don't know) to treat me as the equivalent of a GS-13 government worker, putting me somewhere around the rank of major. That's higher than my normal Capt. Awesome rank, so I'm wondering how I got a promotion...

Hopefully it just gets me a comfy bed for what could be my last night in Iraq. I'm making a push to the airport sometime tomorrow, so everyone cross your toes that my flight schedule works out an I'm sitting comfortably in Germany sometime in the next 48 hours.

6 comments:

Lari said...

Finally, the world recognizes what we've known all along! (Is Mrs. Shayle a combatant commander now?)
~Everything will be crossed, awaiting your expeditious return. xo!

Anonymous said...

HAHA I'M A GENERAL!

wait........then why do i get a lumpy mattress?

Anonymous said...

You are getting closer and closer to home....can't wait to hear that you are in Germany.

KidSmartyPants said...

Congratulations on your promotion. I always assumed your title was more like that of "Captain America" or "Captain Noah" or "Captain Poopypants". Not necessarily a military designation, but rather an honorary title.

Either way, congratulations and get home safely.

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear you're not getting a comfy mattress, even with your promotion... but sooo looking forward to hearing about the weather in germany:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Leo,
I thried this once before and somehow couldn't follow directions. I have so enjoyed reading all your "stuff"...been checking it every day but gotta tell you the rain storm might have been my favorite one.
We are all so happy that you are coming home early and are praying that you get the heck out of there asap...nom delays will be tolerated. See you when you get home. Love, Mom Doyle