Saturday, August 12, 2006

Farewell and adieu, you ladies of Stan

Taking Major Dingus' advice I am indeed joyfully singing today. No more war zones for Capt. Awesome -- I am officially back in Germany, safe and sound.

I'll give you all a full rundown of my fight with customs, including quite possibly the most important event of my entire time in Afghanistan occurring about 20 minutes before I left the country, but not until tomorrow. Now, I'm relaxing happily in a swanky military hotel suite and enjoying the remnants of my first pizza and beer dinner in more than a month. I never thought Corona would taste that good ....

We'll get to the real German beers once I have a little food in my system. I spent about 11 hours on planes over the last two days, and I'm worried that a tall, dark one after my month-long abstinence from alcohol and combined with no food might knock me down for good.

And the Falcons/Patsies replay just came on TV. Could I ask for more?

I could. But for now, this is pretty sweet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, it was good to talk to you today. and the pix in the new article are really nice!
don't drink too much (at least not 'til you have some company!)
enjoy your last few days overseas!
talk to you soon:)

Anonymous said...

hey leo! i cant wait to see you back in eagles territory!

the eagles are looking pretty good...well last game they did! they won their secon preseason game! wohoooo!

peter forseburg isnt gonna be able to play until january though and eric degardin(ha i have no clue how to spell that..)is retiring. BOOOOOO!

see you soon<3

Anonymous said...

Enjoy every pizza-eating, corono-swilling moment in your swanky suite...you've earned it. Can't tell you what great news that was to hear you arrived safely in Germany. The pictures in your article - remarkable.
Can't wait until Friday when you're back in the good ol' USA.
Take care.
Lots of love. Mom D

Anonymous said...

Yeah! So glad you got to Germany safe and sound. It was SO great to talk to you yesterday. We can't wait to have some real pizza and beer with you! Hope this week goes by quick for you. See you soon! :0)

Anonymous said...

Y-a-y Germany!

Y-a-y beer!

Y-a-y football!

Y-a-y not injured Leo!

Y-a-y Snake on a Plane!