Monday, August 07, 2006

And no meat sweats in Bagram...

Time for some football-themed “good news, bad news” after last night’s game:

Bad news – I didn’t find any birds fans over here. Very disappointing.
Good news – I did find the game and a Niners fan to watch it with, and we’ll see if I can make a story out of that.

Good news – I got to watch almost the whole game before I needed to get back to work.
Bad news – Boy, Jeff Garcia looks pretty bad.

Bad news – I saw way too much Troy Aikman and Harry Carson during that broadcast.
Good news – I like this new “ronning" game they tried out. Am I spelling that right? Ronning? It’s like passing, but without the passing.

Good news – I got to see a 55-yard Akers field goal and can now identify Timmy Chang as the Eagles’ fourth string QB.
Bad news – Boy, Jeff Garcia looks bad. Really, really bad.

Bad news – I’m moving again tomorrow, so I can’t promise when the next update will come in.
Good news – Only a few days left, and then I’ll be back in the land of pizza and beer planning the Labor Day party.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"A tiskit-a taskit", It looks like we have a lot of eggs in Hank's
"Basket". The kid is having a phenom type camp and gave us an under the lights preview last night. If he is the real deal it could quickly become Terrel Who? around the league and especially in Phila.
It won't be long now before you'll get to enjoy Aikman's rantings on a weekly basis.
See you soon, Leo. Be safe.

Dad "D"

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to see most of the game, even though Garcia was really bad in it. And we're all glad that you'll be home soon to enjoy delightful grilled meats and heartburn-producing Eagles football on American soil. Looking forward to hearing stories of Afghanistan and theories about the Eagles ronning game.