Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Beer beer beer!

I made it up to Darmstadt yesterday, turned in my body armor and headed out with a few Europe friends for some good dark German al-key-hol -- Not too much, but enough to make me very, very happy.

Now it's just a matter of riding out the rest of the week. I've got a bit of paperwork to take care of, and had my visit with the shrink today (all of our deployed folks need to sit down with a counselor to make sure we haven't cracked up.) She said I'm running a little high still, because I didn't stop talking for about 30 minutes. I told her that after she identified herself as a Giants fan I dismissed everything else she had to say. So I'm still making friends everywhere I go.

Tomorrow ... I dunno. Practicing my German beer-ordering skills?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't say how that good German beer holds up to the proverbial bench-mark Yuengling or brats vs. steak-in-the-pot.
See you soon. Be safe.

Dad "D"

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you!!!!Don't drink too much. Do you have to go back to the shrink because you are too happy??? And, is today a holyday in Germany???
Can't wait to see you. Much love.

Anonymous said...

how early does a guy have to wake to get first around here?!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I wish I knew you were going to the shrink. I have some tips that can help you there.

Did you ask her what her gender was?
Did you tell her you named your laptop "Lucille"?
Did you march around her office in boxers and a t-shirt chanting "This is my laptop, this is my ipod"?
Saw a great t-shirt the other day. "I know the voices aren't real, but they make so much sense"

anyway, looking forward to seeing you back here.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm...steak-in-the-pot...brats...polish sausage...Bulls...DaaaaaaaaaBears....Dit-ka....

Anonymous said...

"running high" sounds like a good thing to me... what does she want from you? take 2 benedryl before you go back next time.

i have a job interview at mother's work, which is an upscale materity clothing company, wednesday afternoon... wondering if mrs. daddy blogger had any suggestions. (or daddy blogger himself, i wouldn't want to make any sexist assumptions!)

Bier, erhalten in meinem Bauch!
that's all the german you need to know. happy drinking!

Anonymous said...

oh, and you might try shouting this after you're a bit happy:
"ich bin ein goldener Gott!"

just a suggestion.

Anonymous said...

Boogersnots can speak German? And Uncle Joe, we all know how many times you'be been kicked out of the shrink's office....!!!

Anonymous said...

It's only the second day of vacation and inpatient is sounding good !

Anonymous said...

Leo
I had a mug of "blue moon" beer last night. It's a Belgian beer that's between a regular beer and a light beer. Very good tasting. Try one if you can.
Can you fit in any sightseeing before you get home?