Tuesday, March 21, 2006

College hoops should have bowl games

For the record, I'm still alive in both of my NCAA pools. If UCLA wins it all, I'll be hated by my office but the tab for Draftsgiving Day will be taken care of.

But, did you notice:

-- During the Bradley-Pittsburgh game, the ticker read Brad-Pitt? I didn't, but my dear wife, Col. Quickness McNugget, did.

-- For those of you scoring at home, the various Wildcats in the tourney (six teams, including Nova) are 4-3 so far. The five teams with Eagles as their mascot are only 2-3. The Huskies are 4-0 so far (UConn and Washington are both undefeated) but they'll meet this weekend, so that streak will end soon, thank gawd.

-- Speaking of Villanova, the team hasn't played their best so far. But they haven't trailed for one second of the tournament yet. They've been tied for about two minutes of the 80 minutes they've played, but they haven't been behind once.

-- I can't wait until Rudy Gay makes it to the NBA. I'm totally sure all of the classy pro fans will be mature about his name.

Go Bruins. Beat Gonzaga, wherever the hell that is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's go, UCLA!

Woo hoo!

Go UckLa!

Capt. Awesome said...

I appreciate the support, but at this point anyone who doesn't root for GMU is the devil. Not a blue devil, the regular kind.