Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Surprise Flyers news

In case you missed it:

     (AHN) -- Flyers forward Simon Gagne downplayed his third concussion this season and on Monday dismissed speculations that he is shelved for the remainder of the year.
     "There is no reason I can't come back and help lead this team to the World Series," Gagne said in an interview with the Philadelphia Inquirer. "It's just like J-Roll said -- we're the team to beat."
     The 27-year-old former first-round pick first sustained a concussion in October 24 then suffered the same injury on November 5. The two injuries forced Gagne to miss a total of 30 games.
     "I've already missed enough of this season, and I just need to get back on the gridiron and do my job," he said. "The doctors are telling me there could be problems, but I don't know the meaning of the word.
     "Seriously, what does that mean?"
     The Quebec native reported problem-free on January 10 until he had another concussion on Sunday, when he was hit by Penguins' forward Jordan Staal. Gagne expressed hope that his third bout with the injury will not force him as much games as before.
     "You can't tell me that I'll be ready to be doing to be ready when I'm not if I am," Gagne said. "Seriously. For real. Can I borrow a candy bar?"
     Gagne has played all his eight seasons with Philadelphia. He has seven goals and 11 assists in 25 games this season and has a career 208 goals in 527 games since he debuted in 1999.
     "There's no stopping the Flyers from bringing home the Lombardi trophy," he said. "Book it. You can Paris Hilton that to the bank."

No comments: