Thursday, June 29, 2006

Out damn spot, out!

We've been doing some fairly intensive first aid training out here, so today's lessons were fairly disgusting:

-- Medical instructors have a great time playing with fake blood.

-- A simulated severed hand is still really freaky.

-- Brits have a good time spraying fake blood in your face when they think you might be panicking.

-- Fake blood does not taste very good.

Luckily everything was in a controlled environment, and the answer to most of the questions were "You're never actually going to need this stuff, but just in case ...", and despite all the mess the instructors were basically complimentary to all of us, so we're all good.

But there's still a little red stuff in my ears...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any chance you could bring home the fake hand? I think we could have a good time at next year's Draftsgiving Day party.

Capt. Awesome said...

I've already got one -- don't you remember those six years in a row I used it for Halloween?

I did get extra points with the instructors because I remembered to pick up the hand when we evacuated the "victims."