Tuesday, April 11, 2006

We get lots and lots of letters

This isn't the first piece of fan mail, but so far it's the best:
(Please note -- names have been changed to protect the innocent and horribly guilty)

My Dearest Capt. Awesome:

I have to tell you something funny. Every week my Mom tries to talk football with me and every week I feel like a let down, because frankly I just don't give a damn yet. I mean, hello?! It's not even summer!

Anyway, I gave her your blogspot address because she used to get a kick out of your weekly recaps back during fantasy season ... Anyway, she replied to the spot where G's head is on the hulk because Anthony replied there and she wanted to back him up for some reason even though she had no idea what he was talking about (because really, who ever does?).

Anyway, she calls me last night and the first thing she asks me is "What's a dingus?" - ha!!!! Last thing I expected to hear from her!

Anyway, I didn't really have a good explanation for her, so I just said, "Anthony is a dingus" - was that an acceptable answer?

Love,
The Lovely Mrs. Anthony


Well, dear, I looked it up on Google and here's what I found:

So, I guess that's a good answer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There were divorce papers on my nightstand this morning. Is that bad?

Anonymous said...

Lee ... Those are fake. I would never divorce you. Even if you have been sneaking around with Dingus behind me back.

Capt. Awesome said...

Hey, you know the rules -- You can't reference Khan without linking to this.