Thursday, October 05, 2006

Getting you ready

G's favorite sign from last week's game:

T.O.
8 1
too many

It took me forever to get it.
Less subtle was a caller into WIP this morning, who was trying to win tickets to the game on Sunday by guessing what message Donovan sent to T.O. earlier this week:

Caller: It was simple. He just wrote "Take 35 more and call me in the morning."

Angelo: That's pretty good, but what's in the lead? "I've got 117 million reasons not to commit suicide." I don't know if yours is funnier.

Caller: Well, you know that's not the whole story, right? You know Donovan wasn't the first person to text him, right?

Angelo: Really?

Caller: Yeah, Jeff Garcia actually sent him a message first. It said "If it looks like a suicide attempt, and it smells like a suicide attempt, it's a suicide attempt."

Angelo: You're going to the game.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's terrible.

Really funny, but terrible.

I still like the Eagles' fan sign that said "T.O., get well soon so we can hurt you." I'm sure T.O. will get a spirited welcome at the Link.

Anonymous said...

Hey I know ya got other things more importante' to work on, but I started San Frans D last week for my ----- points. Red Shirtys 3rd place baby, thanks for not penciling that in.