Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Disturbing American Idol stuff

Since this is my last chance to post about these jokers, and since 50 million people watched that final sing off tonight between Katherine McPhee and Tayolr Hicks, here are a few observations:

*** Best sign: This Hick Loves Hicks.
Worst sign: Fox identified Tori Spelling as "Katherine's family."

*** I saw at least five Ford commercials, and I heard this week that a 30 second ad cost $1.3 million (third among TV shows, behind only the Oscars and El Super Bowla). Even if they got a discount and only paid $5 million, that's enough cash to hand out 250 free Mustangs, which probably would have been much better publicity.

*** When they announced there was a special guest, I could have sworn it was the Registrar of Alabama there to confirm that Taylor is actually 47 years old. Dude has more gray hair than Sean Connery, but I'm supposed to believe he's 29? C'mon. I sat through a whole season of 24, and I can't swallow that. Even my hair isn't that bad.

*** I wish I had bought stock in the song "You had a bad day." Every 14-year-old girl in the country has been brainwashed into loving that weeny little Canadian guy. There's gotta be some way we can make money off that.

*** When 9 p.m. rolled around, my Tivo switched over to NBC's disaster movie 10.5 Apocalypse. You know, I didn't even notice that I wasn't still watching American Idol...

*** And for all you gamblers out there, put the money on Taylor and pick the over on the vote totals (60 million is the over/under, but I bet 75 million votes were cast).

No comments: