Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Why I’m rooting for Miami tonight

I know, I know, even typing those words out made me throw up in my mouth a little. And I know every other sports fan in America will attack me for taking this stance. But the fact is that rooting for Miami to win tonight isn’t just the right choice, it’s the only choice for a real sports fan. Consider the following:

1 -- They’re a team of fighters.

This Miami squad had to overcome serious injuries in recent weeks, but now appears to be at the top of their game. All the pundits had declared them dead, and now they’re being forced to eat their words.

2 -- They have better players

Yes, Miami got all the high-profile free agents, but there's a reason they paid for those guys. They're good. They deserve to be hailed as all-pros.

3 -- Their opponent is overrated and undeserving

Suddenly everyone in the media loves the other guys again, but I'm not buying it. Just because they're different doesn't mean they're actually the better team.

So that’s why I’ll be rooting wholeheartedly for the Miami to sweep the series when the Marlins take on the Boston Red Sox, starting tonight.

Oh, you thought I meant the Heat? Gawd no. I hope those asshats choke like dogs again this Finals.

No comments: