Thursday, April 26, 2007

Japan posts wrap-up

We're safe and sound back at Fort Awesome, but I just wanted to wrap up a few loose ends before I get into the last-minute Draftsgiving preparations tomorrow.

First, I know several of you doubted the stories about my proposal to the Japanese government, their near-recognition of Draftsgiving day, and my decision to withhold the holiday from the Far East because of YMCA. I offer you this undeniable proof:


Second, I wanted to show you a picture of the luxury hotel near the imperial palace that we stayed in, but it didn't turn out. But I did get this picture of the map describing the deluxe accommodations:


Third, a few of you questioned why the site wasn't switched to "Off base" while I was 7,000 miles from Fort Awesome. Of course, we all know that Fort Awesome is a state of mind as well as a heavily fortified military facility, so I didn't feel it was necessary. Fort Awesome was always in my heart.

Also, that would have taken extra work.

And finally, this web site finally has a patron saint: I made sure to pray at the shrine for the Buddist god of public entertainment, better known for its tangible form of the tuniki, a raccoon dog creature. It's also known for its ... um ... prolific assets.


Feel free to use this site for all your prayer needs.

No comments: